1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.6 MVP turn signals all screwed up

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by joshua74133, Mar 1, 2015.

1. joshua74133

joshua74133 Junior Member
    from tulsa

I don't get it. They worked fine the last time I plowed... This time left light is out, the right blinker is blinking when i use the left turn sig and the left blinks when i use the right turn sig. anyone ever have this issue?

Also these night hawk lights suck! i can barley see at night... what’s everyone using? i don't care what i have to buy but i have to be able to see at night. last night i had to drive home using my light bar.

2. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I'm not quite sure. Each turn signal is wired independently of the other when it comes to the headlight harness.

Probably want to start with a multi meter and start chasing where the wiring issue is. Turn signal wires are purple on the harness and splice into the positive from the vehicle's harness.

I like the night hawks compared to the old school square ones, but aren't very bright when they get dirty. I also keep them aimed pretty low versus where my truck lights are.

3. joshua74133

joshua74133 Junior Member
    from tulsa

is there a way to wire the night hawks so my truck headlights stay on as well? my plow is not high enough to block the headlights

4. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Not really without being a serious PITA. You might try a search on here, I remember there being a thread about installing LED's which would provide more illumination.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Did anyone work on the truck since then?
    Might just be someone plugged the plugs at the Iso in the wrong ports

6. Doughboy12

Doughboy12 PlowSite Fanatic

This.....

But not at the ISO unit itself. There is a connection when I was installing mine that I just couldn't figure out why it was even a connector....turns out in some installations you need brown to green and others brown to brown. It switches the turn signal sides.

My guess is someone unplugged that connector either by accident or on purpose and plunged it back together wrong.

PAGE 10 here is the plug I am referring to and a better explanation...

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  7. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

The Night Hawk plow lights on my MVP are better than my truck lights. (2006 F350).