1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8-6 mm1 ezv on 99 superduty what do i need

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by sparksrides, Jan 4, 2011.

1. sparksrides

sparksrides Senior Member

i have a 8-6 mm1 ezv that i got last season it came off a 95 Chevy 2500 and i am trying to put it on my new 99 f250 super duty i looked on fisher's web site and this is what i came up with push plates #7159-2 light harness #29050 and a 3 port mod #29070 I also have a new set of intensifier lights with a 11 pin plug on them. do i use the control harness that came with the plow or will that all change with the harness i need for the lights, I really don't want to hack this all together if i can help it. i would rather have everything plug in like it was intended to

2. What is the P/N on the truck side control harness you got with the plow? It should be a 7 pin harness. I just did this same conversion about a month ago but I used my existing 4 port iso mod. Someone else, probably RepoMan will chime in and help you out with exactly what you need.

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

What kind of system was the GMC running; ISO or relay? From what I'm gathering from your wording, I'm assuming a relay setup?.?.? If you don't know, how many grill connectors is there on the plow currently.

If you were to start from scratch you would be correct on your posted list.

If assuming this is a previous relay setup, you would need to replace the control harness plow side. The new lights have the light harness as you pointed out, so that obviously isn't needed, and the 2 pin power harness stays the same.

Plowside conversion you would need:
    Control Harness: 26358

Truck side you'd need to replace your control harness (part 26346), and add an 11 pin light harness (part 26347), a vehicle light harness (part 28930) as well as an adapter (part 29047), and a 3 port ISO (part 29070).

Parts 26347, 28930, & 29047 all come in that kit 29050. Which is cheaper to buy then the individual components....unless of coarse you can find a deal on Ebay or something. You'll need to buy the ISO and control harness seperetly.

If the sale didn't include the truck side wiring, you'll also need the battery setup truck side, which consists of: The power harness (part 63411), the positive lead (part 22511), and a Motor Relay (part 5794K).

Then there is obviously the push plates 7159-2.

Here is the Install guide for your truck side lighting system.

.....and your Mechanics Guide.

As well as a general over view.

[​IMG]