1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.6 EZ Vee question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Motorman 007, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Hi guys,

I'm going to look at an 8.6 EZ Vee this afternoon. My current setup is a 3 plug MM1 Insta Act system with an 8.6 straight blade. What am I going to need to convert my existing truck to the EZ Vee? Seller says he has the Iso Mod and joystick, don't know about the wiring harness. Will the 8.6 be the right plow for my '04 2500HD CC? Ballpark $$ I should be looking to spend for the blade??

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Need to change the control harness to a 26346 seven pin, about $300 (yes DD's pretty proud of their wiring). No need for a different Iso mod, they're vehicle specific, not plow specific.

You'll find an 8.6 is just a bit narrow for a CC in the vee position but otherwise fine and anything is an advancement over a straight blade anyway.
  3. Thanks, Mike.

I looked at it after work today. It's an older MM1/Insta Act two plug unit yet looks like its hardly used. The powder coat is peeling everywhere. I've got some cell phone pics that I'll post tomorrow. The MM1 iso mod on my truck has been swapped from truck to truck for years. The only thing I had to change was the headlight harness. Will it still work if I have the joystick and new harness?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Best thing to do is change the plow side over to 3 plug bringing it up to date to match the truck Dave, no point in going backward changing the truck back to the old 2 plug relay deal to match the older plow.Will be a little pricey with the addition of the truck side control harness you already know you need but if the price is right then it's still worth it. Pics will tell us a little. :waving:

Iso module will work regardless, as stated they're dependent on the truck they're on, not the plow or harness so you're good there.
  5. here are two pics...

plow 1.jpg

plow 2.jpg
  6. Thanks, Mike. The guy is in England right now. The plow is going nowhere until I decide. Dont want to insult him but like you say, even though my '78 blade is pristine an upgrade to this V is better than my straight blade. Thanks again.
  7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like it's seen very little use but the weathering it's endured may have you doing some work on the rams once it's in service again, so I'd consider that if you're making an offer. Looks good otherwise.
  8. The rams do have some rust and since they are double acting those can be pricey I imagine. So I will need the truck side harness you spoke of before and 2 harnesses for the plow side, correct? (in addition to the +/- heavy one to the pump motor)

How old would you say this unit is?
  9. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

At least 10 years,probably more,the 2 plug didn't last long on the V's.
    It's in good shape for the age,be sure to drain/flush the system,good luck.
  10. Thanks, I'm not in a rush and it doesn't look like I have competiton at this point since it's a word of mouth sale. Looks like I will need Fisher P/N 26346, 26358, and 56496 to make the conversion. $450 +/-. Any discounted places I should check? Thanks.

11. Bump..........
  12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Close. Also need a 26347 light harness for the plow side so add another $100.
  13. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

how much is he looking for on the plow itself? im thinking about getting rid of my unit, which is a 3 plug and id let the harness go with it. trying to figure out a price on mine
  14. I am going to swap my intensifiers from my existing setup. Will I be OK?
  15. The asking price with the iso mod (that I can't use), "some" wiring, and joystick is $1500. Remember, this thing is at least 10 years old. I would think your XBlade would be like comparing apples and oranges.
  16. LON

LON Senior Member

Send me a PM. I'll get you some pricing.
  17. Thanks, will do when I know exactly what I need.
  18. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

The xblade is new, the vee is my old setup. Basicaly the same unit asthat with the same stuff. I was figuring right around 1600. Mines a 3 plug
  19. If I may ask, why did you change?
  20. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

I love the look of the xblade, and no rust to worry about on the blade. i sub for someone and i was too damn fast with the vee and wasnt getting any extra pay. i got the xblade for a unbelievable deal so i couldnt pass up the deal to switch over to a straight blade.