1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.6 EZ-V on Excursion, blade ends not touching iground in scoop

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Robber80, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

I just installed a Minute Mount 1 Style 8.6 EZ-V on my 2001 Excursion. The truck only drops about a 1/4"-1/2" when i raise the plow. But heres the problem, when i go to scoop the outer ends of the plow tapper off the ground. So i looked at the A frame, and it is on a slop angling back to teh truck, kinda like the truck is to low. My question is, on the minute mount 2 style you could adjust the height of the A frame with 3 different holes. I don't see any holes on the MM1 style, is there anyway to a just that height? has anyone ever drilled out an extra set of holes? The other thing is, does anyone know if the new extreme V's cutting edge would fit an old style EZ-V? THank you!

2. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Click Here for instructions on adjusting your MM1 style EZ-V.

3. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

thank you, that shows exactly what i have to do!

4. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

What engine do you have in the excursion? How about some pictures??

5. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

i have the v-10. i don't know where to upload the pictures, so i can post them.

6. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, I'm excited to see photos too! I dare say it will be the first Excursion we've seen on here with a Fisher

~Kevin

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

8. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

There's a guy in nearby peabody who has a nice 04 diesel excursion with a generation 1 MM2 on it....its sweet

9. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Sorry Guy's!

I believe I get the prize for the FIRST Excursion with a Fisher plow
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Oh by the way, its got the REAL GOOD DIESEL 7.3L H.O. ( Ambulance Duty Diesel) and X coded springs all the way around ( F-350) with a set of Landyot Radius Rods and a ARG Ram Rock Steering system.

Jay

10. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

This is a sweet Excursion. The color goes great with the plow. Where do you live in Central MA?

11. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Wow, that is sick! I came extremely close to buying an Excursion for plowing before I bought my truck, but I couldn't justify having such a large SUV with so many seats at my age.

12. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Just south of Worcester in Millbury

I think it would look prettier with a Stainless X-Blade

Still got the 8' MM1 sitting here for you!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  13. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

definitely!

14. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

i'll get some pictures tomorrow. i adjusted the plow today. is it just me or can you not stack very well with a V-plow? i adjusted it but i had to bring the A-Frame up so high that it can't really stack snow. so i think i might have to go with the same springs that NASCAR24 has.

Nascar24, how much were the springs for you rig, if you don't mind me asking?

15. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

It'll still be sitting there for awhile lol! My plow fund is at about $350 right now and the way this winter is going it is not looking to get too much better.:angry:

16. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

what ever happend to getting some pictures of that Excursion with the v-plow on it?

17. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

That truck looks great.... I have a 2002 blacked out excursion with a blizzard 810, I have to upload some pictures, but I think it looks good with the white plow...........

18. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

My 2002 Ford Excursion 4x4 7.3 Diesel with Blizzard 810 plow.

Car Pictures 028.jpg

Car Pictures 027.jpg