1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.6 ez-v mm2 on 2015 ram 3500

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by fatboyNJ, Oct 15, 2015.

1. fatboyNJ

fatboyNJ Senior Member
    from NJ

Sorry but I'm
    Not at all familiar with fisher and their mounts and such. I have a 2015 ram 3500 hemi single rear wheel. I found a good deal on a 8.6 fisher v says its minute mount 2. It's the older style rectangle lights, not the bigger rounder ones. Is this compatable with my truck with a mount/wiring that's available from a dealer?
    Thanks for any help

2. cwren2472

cwren2472 Member

You need to find out if the plow is an EZ-V or an X-treme V. The EZ-V will have a rubber flap between the two cutting edges, the XV will have steel pieces there. With the squared off headlights it is more likely an EZ-V (the older style.)

Either way, the pieces would be available for your truck to make it work, but you should find out what pieces (if any, such as a controller) are being included with it as you could be spending $1500 or more for all the truck side pieces you'll need.

3. fatboyNJ

fatboyNJ Senior Member
    from NJ

It's an ez-v. I searched and it seems I need mount 7191 but is that mount the same for say that Ez-v and a newer plow?

4. cwren2472

cwren2472 Member

The mount will be the same for any minute mount plow at all, but you will also need (probably) all of the vehicle wiring which is quite a bit more expensive than the mount itself.

5. fatboyNJ

fatboyNJ Senior Member
    from NJ

Yea I'm familiar with the western ultra mounts and know these are pretty much the same. Was more concerned about the mounts being the same. Guess I'll give a dealer a call and see if it's worth it