1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.5 xv1 problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dcamp824, Feb 26, 2014.

1. dcamp824

dcamp824 Member

I have a xv wondering if anybody has experienced this.. plow was working fine middle of storm dropped it and it just stopped working. Got it back to shop and took off covers and noticed one of the red wires on the solanoid looked a bit burnt on the end of the bigger red wire on one of the terminals and when i touched it i realized the post was broke right off, so i fiqured the solanoid was bad a went and got a new one hooked it up and it just makes a click noise by the pump but wont move.. any help would be appreciated

Thanks Dave

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Clicks at solenoid? Then ck for pwr at the motor while its just clicking. Also don't forget your gnds

3. dcamp824

dcamp824 Member

Yes the solenoid clicks.. ground on solenoid or is there other grounds i should check.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ok so do you have pwr out of the solenoid to the plow motor