1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.5 western uni mount on 2500????

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by M & MD Lawn, Aug 30, 2010.

1. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

I am looking to purchase my first plow and found a western on ebay, 8.5V. He had it on a 98 3500 so I know i can mount it, but as far as the width and weight do you guys think it will work or is it just to much, i'm clearly new to snow removal with a plow so any help is much appreciated.

My truck is a 97 GMC sierra 2500 ext cab long bed 7.4l 454 4l80E trans

2. M & MD Lawn

3. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

you'll be fine.

some timbrens up front with a turn or two of the torsion bars would help.
    some ballast in the back will help push it too when you are in the V and pushing a pile.

I ran a 9' straight on a 2000 2500 and have one for my 05 too.
    you have to know the trucks limits and how much to push when the snow gets heavy.
  4. FLC2004

FLC2004 Senior Member

Thats a heavy plow to be putting on any chevy, lol. :laughing: Nah, i agree add some timbrens and some weight in the bed u should be fine. Make sure when your transporting it you dont keep it all the way in the "vee". My old boss had the same plow on a 97' 3500 chevy mason dump and since the chevy fronts sit way low, it tended to bottom out alot while in transport in the "vee".
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  5. M & MD Lawn

thanks for the input guys, but the dill sh*t for some reason ended the auction early cancelled all bids, and didnt say in the description it was for sale locally or anything, i will just keep looking
  6. FLC2004

FLC2004 Senior Member

Good luck with the search, theres plenty more out there :drinkup:
  7. JayD2

JayD2 Senior Member

Hey "M",

I just sent you a PM..