1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.5 Western MVP?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by clncut, Oct 30, 2011.

1. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

I was thinking of putting this blade on my new truck but after researching on here I found a bunch of complaints....broken light towers seems to be the biggest problem. Are these plows not worth getting? The posts are older but I dont want to put on something Im going to have many issues with. I would like to stay with Western due to dealer support.
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 8'6" MVP and it's been the best plow I've ever owned. I've had to replace the solenoid twice but other than that my problems have been self inflicted.
  3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I've had 2 MVP Plus, still have 1 and it has worked perfect.
  4. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

So after reading and reading more posts here, it seems the MVP plus is a pretty solid plow with a few occasional hiccups. Im was wondering if going with a straight blade with wings would be better and still get me the same result? My concern with the MVP is more components equals more things to go wrong? Any input???
  5. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

Have had both straight and v . Would never go back to a straight. Love the versatility of the v and still can put wings on them.
  6. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Have the 8.5' MVP with wings; used a straight blade before. As the others have said, once you use a V, you'll never go back. You can plow with it straight if you want; most of the time you'll end up using the scoop mode. Much better for efficiency and stacking. I use the wings on mine; makes it even better. Have never had a problem other than a bad controller, which the dealer replaced. Have only taken it in for servicing once just to be on the safe side before the season started, and they didn't find anything wrong; just had them change the fluid.

Just hooked everything up for the winter.

plow 1.jpg

back of plow.jpg

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

8. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Going on 4 years with ours at work, not a single issue.