1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.5 V Plow

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by Blues Man, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Blues Man

Blues Man Junior Member
    from SE Mich

There is a 8.5V for sale here in Michigan. Current owner claims 6 weeks old and has the mount i need 2006 Ford 250SD. My local dealer if thats what you wanna call them is 20-30 minutes away on a good day and they wanna see my truck before they give a quote. this guy wants $4000. Worth it or no? any help from tryed and true guys would be greatly appreciated. Thank in advanced.

2. Blues Man

Blues Man Junior Member
    from SE Mich

I forgot to add that this will be my first true plow truck as i have been working for others with other brand plows and mainly operating a bobcat the last couple of years.

3. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

Dealer installed should be under $5000, IMO. Try calling some of the other brands dealers, they should all be in the ballpark.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  4. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Take a look at it. You'd be able to tell if it were only 6 weeks old, and he should be able to provide a receipt also to back that up. If he has the mounts and the wiring harness that are going to go with the truck, I would install it myself. I did that with mine and it worked out perfectly. saved $400 too.