1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.5 Unimount MVP right wing wont move in scoop function

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Grasskickin', Nov 17, 2014.

1. Grasskickin'

Grasskickin' Junior Member

Just encountered this problem on our first snow the other night. the plow runs fine in all functions except when i go to position it into scoop... the driver side wing extends as it should and the passenger side wing retracts to V instead of scoop. When using the V function both wings will move to V. However i was able to use the scoop function to make the blade straight and could plow with it as a straight blade. In this function i was able to wing left or right which tells me the cylinder is not bad and makes me think electrical. I cleaned all plow connections and checked grounds. Any ideas on what could be causing this problem? Bad controller?

Thanks Justin

2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

here's the mechanics guide for that plow:
    http://library.westernplows.com/westernplows/pdffiles/21857_061503_web.pdf
    if you check out page 21 it shows which valves do which functions. depending on which functions are working correctly you can tell which valve to check out. the problem could be the valve itself or somewhere before that point if it's not getting the signal to that coil (like the grill connector or the control).

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Sounds like a sticky valve. Is this a regular MVP or an MVP+ ?

4. Grasskickin'

Grasskickin' Junior Member

Just regular MVP i believe. i will check out valves thanks!