1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.5 ss XtremeV Vs big truck...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ontario026, Dec 8, 2009.

1. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

I am sitting waiting for the cops to show up, just got damn lucky, an oncoming 'straight truck' just wandered into my lane and clipped me head on... Luckily the damage appears to be the left wing of my plow and drivers mirror... I guess I am off to ottawa to see about getting it fixed once the cop feels like showing up... Here he is gotta go. Pics soon

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

What a rough day to start your day! It seems everyone is ok and this is just something that is just something else that has to get fixed. Looking forward to pics....sorry to hear about your plow and truck!

3. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

Thanks! She is taking the truck driver's statement right now, its way more light out now than b4, there is hydraulic fluid on the ground, looks like it blew the line or cylinder on my left wing, mouldboard is fooked, as well as backing frame 4 left mouldboard I am sure is messed too.. Screwed the drivers mirror, and it even sheared the centre cap off my rear drivers wheel(and split cap In half) and put a lil tear in rear wheel well moulding... Truck should be good and drivable still, plow still raising and lowering, right wing seems to move fine but left won't move, not sure if its jammed/bent so bad or if its mostly due to the pissing hydro fluid...

4. M&M

M&M Senior Member

Ontario, your loyalty to PS is awesome! New thread about yaour accident BEFORE the cops even show up. If only our industry had customers with this kind of loyalty.

5. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

Lol thanks, cops have taken my info now... If this blackberry wasn't junk, I would be trying to upload pics right now too. Lol

6. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

Report done, no charges, no fault... BS, it was his.fault, but whatever... I yanked the hydro line off, had a new one made, on my way back to see what my left wing will do now...

7. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Man that sucks, atleast your ok.
    What position was the blade in when you took the hit? I am picturing a hit to the wing in Vee would do alot of damage.

8. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

I got some pics will post this evening, on my way to ottawa to the fisher dealer to get his opinion...all in all I'm damn. Lucky.to share metal with a big rig head on with us both travelling probably 70-80 KPH... Pics later

9. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

Here are some pics of this morning's incident ... Now that I've added pics, can someone move it back to the pictures forum where it originally was??

Attached Files:

10. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

I removed the stainless skin for inspection, it was not torn off...

In the one pic you can see the return hydraulic line from the left angle cylinder, it ruptured in 2 spots when I got hit, misted/sprayed hydraulic fluid over the front of the truck...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  11. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Well that just straight up sucks. What a way to start the day

12. Outd00r Maint..

Outd00r Maint.. Senior Member

wow,,,hope u get it fix fast to get back to plowing