1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.5' SS Vee Plow on 2002 Chevy K2500HD

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by campkd6, Jul 9, 2009.

1. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

I bought a new to me truck this year and have always had westerns thought it was time for something new now. Will the 8.5 ft stainless v plow work on my truck since it has the Duramax? Dealer said no but he also winked and said it would if I took it home on a trailer and put it on myself. It is my first diesel p/u .

2. bigdeezle442

bigdeezle442 Junior Member

I have a 9.5' SS V Plow on my 2001 Chevy Duramax CCSB. I have only had it on for 1 season. Before that i had a 98 3500 CCLB with a 9.5' V Plow for 7 seasons and believe it or not truck had all the original front end parts with 170k on it. I only plow a few lots and they are all within 5 miles of my home so i don't really drive with the plow on. Not sure what you are trying to do with it but I think that would be a good choice.
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

See alot of them around here.
  4. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

That is what I thought just wanted to be sure before I spend $5000 on a new plow. Never had a new plow before and wanted something different than everyone else around here. No one that I know has a Fisher. And it will look good with my charcoal grey truck.