1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.5' plow clear '08 superduty mirrors?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by KJ Cramer, Aug 24, 2009.

1. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

Does a 8.5' western MVP on straight clear the mirrors on a '08 F-250 or is the plow smaller than the overall width of the mirrors? Thanks in advance.

P.S. I have the power extend mirrors, and I am asking for when they are not extended but not folded in. That even sounds confusing to me but I hope you guys understand what I am asking. Thanks again.
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I have an 8'2" Sno-Way V blade and it will clear as wide as my mirrors. Just barely tho.
  3. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

i have the 8' 6" staight. it sticks past. its interesting to drive. on a full angle it sits 7' 3" i think but it sits so low to the ground its easier to drive on less of a full angle
  4. salopez

salopez Senior Member

buy a ruler and measure...it will solve your ills...
  5. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

If only it were that simple. Of course I tried that first, the windshield gets in the way and arcs the tape, so you have to eyeball it, when I did that I got about 8'-9" or so. However Ford specs say something less, but I can't find out if that's with the mirrors I have or different set. So I thought I would ask and see, my next option is to plumb down from the mirror and mark the pavement, do that on both sides, then measure between. I just thought it was easier to ask first. Thanks to all that have answered so far.
  6. AC2717

AC2717 Senior Member

helpful tip?

Put down your windows and measure end to end through the cab of the truck, and then measure the length of the plow
    you can use window thresholds in the door to help hold up the tape
  7. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

Thats a good idea, I didn't think of that. easier than pulling out the level and marking stuff.
  8. Lawnman883

Lawnman883 Member

...plowing really deep snow and worried about tearing off the mirrors?? :D
  9. KJ Cramer

KJ Cramer Senior Member

Wishing for that payup:drinkup:

No the concern is when getting close to things, like dumpsters, mailboxes, drive thrus etc. I dont want to be running my mirrors into anything.

I've already got the plow now, and it looks like they clear, and the people on here say they do, but I haven't actually checked it yet.
  10. I have the 9 1\2 western vee on my 08 the mirriors aren't an issue often but i find myself folding them back on occassion still. better then buying a mirrior...