1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.5' or 9.5' ???

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by RacingZR, Nov 14, 2009.

1. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Hey all, I posted his in another then saw this forum...................
    Looking for opinions from guys with v-plow experience. I just bought a 03 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab/short box with the Hemi. I'll be buying a SS Fisher v plow for it shortly. I'm wondering if I am better off with the 8.5' or 9.5 ??? I'd like to get the 9.5' for an extra $200 but is that too much plow for that 3/4 ton?? I'm sure I will get a bunch of opinions but thats what I want! Thanks

2. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

id go with the 8.6 ft

3. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanks man, this is looking like the general consensus from a few others too.

4. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

If it was a dually I'd got 9.5, personally the bigger plows can be a draw back. If you need to plow a drive through or a smaller tight area you will be out of luck. Stick with the 8.5V and perhaps some wings for those larger lots.

5. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Not a bad idea at all. Does Fisher make wings or is it a self-fab job??