1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.5 mvp

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by diesel dave 04, Dec 12, 2008.

1. diesel dave 04

diesel dave 04 Senior Member

When you are in v mode and you move the wings out to stright and stop it does it do a little jurk about 1 sec. later? or is mine not normal?

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Not normal. It should stop and stay that way until you use your controller again...

3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Not sure what you mean by jerk. When I stop mine they will glide for a second. I stop mine just before where I want them. They don't come to an abrupt stop.

4. diesel dave 04

I will have to do a vido with my camra and then you can see what i mean, I didn t think it was normal. I think it may be the controler.

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Do you have the handheld controller?

6. diesel dave 04

yes i do and it is the older one with the 3 modes

7. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

my wings will jerk back about 2'' anytime i move them. I think this is what he's talking about

8. diesel dave 04

Yes it is like they cost to a stop then the will move maybe a inch not 2 inches it is like a control valve closes or somthing

9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

My one plow is a year old and the other new this year. They both have the joystick and neither do what you are describing. I don't know how they would move back, would air cause this problem?

10. diesel dave 04

Are your plows MVP Plus? Maybe that is the differanced

11. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Yes mine are MVP Plus.

12. diesel dave 04

13. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

There seems to be a minor correction to the wing. I don't think I would worry about it. They both seem to do the same thing. Not as drastic as I thought.

14. diesel dave 04

Yeah and it seems to be getting better, they use to realy jurk, Maybe it is air in the hyd. system. from hauling it home with it's face down. I was getting a bad mone/ squeel out of the motor every once in a while, I pulled the motor and lubed the bushings and i have not had that since.

15. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Looks good to me. It performs exactly like mine. I wouldn't worry about it.

16. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

thats exactly what mine does. Man this takes some worry out of me now. Well its midnight time to roll the plow out and go, got 4 inches on the ground and its done snowing. We got 5-9 coming thursday night i guess. Be safe out there