1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.5 mvp on 2500hd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by garyparr8, Jan 2, 2012.

1. garyparr8

garyparr8 Member

I have a 01 gmc sierra 2500hd with a 7.5 western straight blade with a 4 port isolation mod. I found a 8.5 western mvp that i would like to put on the truck since its a pretty easy swap to my knowledge (controller and one harness). Both plows are ultramounts and it is a mvp NOT mvp plus. My only concern is that its a big plow for a 3/4 ton truck. The mvp weighs 180 pounds more than the straight blade. I already have timbrens and frame gussets on the truck. Any thoughts, comments, concerns would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Have you tired the search button? Tons of material on guys putting way bigger plows than that on 2500HD's

3. redplow

redplow Member

I run a 8'6'' pro plus on my 98 Chevy 2500. It is heavy but i have plowed with it for 3 years. It moves a ton a snow and i really like it. Just make sure that you turn up your t bars and gusset your frame. In addition, make sure that you run ballest and have good front end parts.

4. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

You wont have any trouble, sounds like you have covered your bases. I have a easy v / mvp control harness and v plow controller that I have been thinking about selling if you decide to go that route just pm me.