1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.5 ft Western V on F250

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Mow Right, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Mow Right

Mow Right Junior Member

Hello,

I was wanting to put a 8.5 ft Western V on my 2006 F250 Diesel. I only have the 5200lb front axle and the guy at the dealership says that it is not recommended by western, they recommend a midweight plow since I have so much weight in the front due to the diesel motor.

Do you guys for see a problem if I go against manufacturer specs and put the 8.5 Western V on my 2006 F250 diesel?

Thanks

Josh

2. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I had a 2007 F350 Diesel with no plow prep package and ran a 9'2 BOSS V with no problems what so ever.

I would think you would be good to go, I added a 2" leveling kit up front but other than that nothing else.

3. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

go with the v, i think you can upgrade the springs to the 6000 lbs. try searching around in the ford fourms there tons of info

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Just add plenty of ballst and have fun with the V.