1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.5 Ft Fisher Extreme V Plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by GuhrSnowRemoval, Nov 17, 2013.

1. GuhrSnowRemoval

GuhrSnowRemoval Junior Member

For sale I have a Fisher Extreme V plow. I bought the plow a couple years ago with a truck I bought and upgrade my plows every couple years. It was originally a 7.5ft and the previous owner had 6" extensions welded onto each side to make it a 8.5ft. Plow works very well, never had any problems with it. Looking to buy a new Fisher V but am keeping the same truck so I don't need the mounts and wiring from the new plow. The buyer of this plow can have their choice of mounts and wiring when I buy my new one from the dealer. Ryan 262-923-0279 http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/4181813589.html

2. GuhrSnowRemoval

3. GuhrSnowRemoval

$1900 Would like to move this before spring. Hard to find a V plow cheaper

4. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Does it use the 8.5' cutting edge now?

5. GuhrSnowRemoval

I bought the truck with the plow on it so I'm not the one who modified it but to me it looks like they just welded 6" extensions onto the cutting edge.

6. dieselboy01

Does this plow have a trip edge and do the cutting edges on the extensions trip?

7. GuhrSnowRemoval

Yes the cutting edge trips on this plow and still does even being modified. I've got a MVP plus western and the wiring harness is identical between the plows. Same part number on the isolation modules.

8. GuhrSnowRemoval

Very similar to my western, just selling to buy another mvp plus so I can interchange trucks and plows.

9. dieselboy01

So the extended wing cutting edge is welded to the factory cutting edge and it does trip? And the cutting edges need to be replaced for next year?

10. GuhrSnowRemoval

Yes thats correct

11. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

Add says it will need to be

12. dieselboy01

Yes it does.

Is this a MM2? I don't know much about the Fishers, I'd have too pick up a mount and wiring harness.

How old is this blade?

13. GuhrSnowRemoval

Not exactly sure how old it is. I'd guess 6 to 8 years old. It is a mm2 and like I said it uses the same wiring as MVP plus. I know there's not a ton of fisher dealers here in wi.

14. dieselboy01

Ok, I'm going to call around tomorrow for a price on a mount and harness, I will be in touch.
    Thanks for all the info!

Mike.

15. GuhrSnowRemoval

No problem! Any more ?s you can call or text me for a faster response. My # is in the craigslist ad.