1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.5 ezvee control harness

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ezv65pusher, Nov 2, 2010.

1. ezv65pusher

ezv65pusher Junior Member

i have a 8.5 ezv plow from 2002 i lost the controll harness i have the fish stick i need to know the control harness number and the iso number
    its for a 1998 chev
    the light harness is a two plug harness
    thanks
    i think i need a 26346 harness

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

The 3 port ISO is 29070, The truck headlamp to ISO harness is 28253, and yes, 26346 is the correct control harness

3. ezv65pusher

i was using a 4 plug ISO
    i have the truck side light wiring that is 2 plugs, one for the right and one for the left
    i know i need a 4 plug ISO dut i dont know the number
    is the control harness 26346 the same for 3 port and 4 port ISO's

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

Yes, the control harness stays the same no matter what truck you use it on. The 4 port ISO is 26400.

The only thing that ever changes is the ISO Module and the headlamp harness(es) from truck to truck. Then there is which control harness you want to accommodate which plow your using. In your case, you can run a straight blade AND the EzV. So even if choose to go to a straight blade, your harness will stay the same.

The XLS and ExtremeV are run of the Multiplex system, so if you should ever upgrade to one of those, you'll need to either replace or run along side your current system, a new control harness as well as a new power cable setup.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  5. ezv65pusher

i have a 1998 chev running a ezv plow do you know the iso i need

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

As stated above.....

7. ezv65pusher

thanks for all the help
    what do you think of using a used ISO on a different truck

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

Absolutley, if it's the right part number, have at it.

9. ezv65pusher

what the difference between the white and the green lable ISO

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

They're two differnt part numbers, to which one is right, and the other is wrong. You need a WHITE label part number 26400.

11. ezv65pusher

can anything be done to use a green instead of a white
    do you know what will not work

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

Dude......are you being serious right now? yeah, sure kid, let me dig out my magic wand and turn that GM into a Ford that will except that ISO for ya.

For the last time, you need a WHITE LABEL ISO Module, Part # 26400. Nothing else will work unless you want to swap....nevermind, I don't want to confuse your fragile mind.

13. ezv65pusher

ok sir thanks for the input
    just wanted to know if something could be done
    i am a mechanic and i didnt know that a green iso was for a ford but thanks
    if it just about changing some wires that easy just wanted to know if it was possible
    next time you dont have to be rude if you dont like a thread dont answer to it
    i just pick up a used green iso.. when i talk to the guy they told me that it was off of a chevy so i drove 1hr to go pick it up when i got there i seen that it was a green one i made a deal with the guy so i went threw with it so i asked on the thread what the difference was and if some thing could be done

14. RepoMan207

from Maine

Listen man, I told ya, and told ya, and told ya. If you didn't check the part number with this guy before hand....what can I tell ya. It's got nothing to do with liking the thread, I'll help anyone out if I can. As far as being rude...after a certain point.....you know what I mean. I wasn't even being rude....I was just being an a@@ hole. :D

The only green label ISO for a GM in that year range is a 3 Port, not a 4Port.... as far as I know. Either way, what you have is not what you need. Call the lying ********* that sold you that thing, and thank him for wasting your time and money.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  15. RepoMan207

from Maine

You do know they only cost $90 new right? Yeah, I know......"only"

16. ezv65pusher

lol thats cool im going to see if i can sell it now and find a white 26400
    like i said thanks for all the help
    iv seen a few on ebay but still looking

17. RepoMan207

from Maine

Okie Dokie, No problem man, and welcome to PS.:salute:

18. ezv65pusher

thanks for the welcome

19. Holy Crap Ryan, did you get up on the wrong side of the lake this morning???

I've had the same GREEN label 4 port iso in my '97, '99, and '04 GMCs. All I had to do was change the headlight harness in the '04.
    If I follow what you are saying, will I be able to use either my straight blade or my EZV with the 26346 harness I am about to install?

Dave

20. RepoMan207

from Maine

:laughing: Alright....maybe I went alittle over the top.

Are you sure it's the same ISO. I've tried this twice before out of curiosity and neither time would it work, even after reconfiguring them.

Yes, the 26346 will allow straight and EzV operation off the same harness, however you'll obviously need both controllers. If I remember correctly, you can raise, and angle a EzV off the typical 9400 controller, but it just won't scoop or dog leg.