1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.5 ez-v

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by samjr, Aug 5, 2014.

1. samjr

samjr Senior Member

I got a 8.5 EZ-V on my 2004 gmc gas 2500HD EXT long box. And I want to put it on my new to me 2007 2500HD D-max EXT 6.5 box. Well the 8.5 plow work on my new truck ?:confused:

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Have you tried fishers website??

3. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Didn't polarity reverse between those years on headlights

4. samjr

samjr Senior Member

cool ty

Ya it looks like the push plates are the same 7169 I know I need a new head light wires

5. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

There's a classic and obs 07. Right?

And like diesel said fishers site has everything

6. samjr

samjr Senior Member

yes and no

No they don't.There saying that the plow wont go on my new truck.only thing there is a 7.6 start blade

7. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

Yeah legal reasons. v exceeds the front axle weight.

Push plates and everything else should be the same. Only thing different would be control harness for a v instead of straight

8. samjr

samjr Senior Member

What wires am I going to need to do this upgrade I got the 3 port :confused:

9. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

IF ur 07 is a EARLY 07 EVERYTHING will go from the 1st trk to the new to u one IF u have a late 07 then u just need a headlight kit 29000-5 which provides the 2 trk side headlight cables and the plow head light cable trk side that goes into port A on ur 3 port module that 8.6 EZ is a heavy plow combined with the weight of ur duramax and fisher doesn't recommend all that weight out frt But the trk will drive into that plow and mount

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014