1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.5 Extreme V on f-250

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by kj330, Feb 11, 2009.

1. kj330

kj330 Member

Hey whats up guys? I am new to this forrum. I just sold my 04 8' hd yesterday, and am looking at the 8.5 Extreme V. I have a 2000 F-250 SD with an 8' box and a v 10. The dealer said he will install it fir 4500.00 cash (pretty much at his cost...). But he said fisher doesn't recomend it.. The truck was originaly only a 4000# front end. I am the only owner and dont drive hard at all. Last year i totaly rebuilt the front end and installed a a 2.5" leveling kit (pro comp) and also installed bags, for a little extra. I think it will be fine . the truck only went down 1/2 inch with 8' HD and no air in bags..O and i forgot for ballast weight i have a SS Vee box fisher 1.5 yard.. Any help would be great

2. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

I think your fine.

3. kj330

kj330 Member

any more thoughts would be great...

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

You will be fine....real good price on that plow too!

5. kj330

kj330 Member

Ya the price is what is making me do it, at this time of the season.. This season has ben pretty good to my company, so why not. I was looking at some used ez v plows but people still want alot of money for them. like 2000-3500 so i mine as well go for it with the extreme... It will outlast this truck for sure, but i plan on buying a new truck in a couple of years.. cant wait i will try and post some pics this weekend. thanks for your thoughts.

6. MustangFox302HO

MustangFox302HO Junior Member
    from Mass

thats cheap i paid $4200 last year for everything but the push plates but i had to install everything and build the plow. do it i have seen guys running vplows on the old f250 with that stupid IFS thing u shouldnt have any problems

7. kj330

kj330 Member

Thanks MustangFox302HO. Ya i cant pass up this deal... You cant beet the solid front axle its a tank..

8. antanddom

antanddom Member

Are you kidding by the sounds of that truck you can put a 9' built like a brick shithouse
    a monster how's the ride I have a 05 F-450 Diesel bad ride but strong truck

9. kj330

kj330 Member

The ride is not the greatest, but it plows and hauls like a tank. V 10 with a bunch of mile on it. Much stiffer than the factory.. Its a work truck only..

10. antanddom

antanddom Member

sounds great I love my Ford and I was a Chevy guy before

11. kj330

kj330 Member

I just picked up the truck and wow it is a nice plow...Truck doesnt squat at all..Thanks for all the input....

12. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

We need Pics!!!!

13. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Ditto:nod:

14. kj330

kj330 Member

No problem I will have them up by Monday if not sooner....

15. antanddom

antanddom Member

yes please pics good luck with everything