1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.5 Cutting Edge ?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by JoeSkeeter, Feb 15, 2010.

1. JoeSkeeter

JoeSkeeter Junior Member
    from 40272

My cutting edge is worn a little higher on the outer edges. Would there be a problem having it squared up at a machine shop and re using it.The wear may be at the most 1/2" more on the edges.

2. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Keep using it till it wears to the support plate that its bolted to , then remove the cutting edge and turn it upside down , bolt er on the mould board again and order more snow. No need to square it up , its normal for the outside edges, especially the drivers side to wear more.

3. IApushn

IApushn Junior Member

I agree, keep using until it is worn out. No reason to hurry the process.

Mine wears on the ends towards the last 1.5" cause the mount is as high as possible by the book. Works fine til you get some wear on the cutting edge and then it is a little high making the angle of attack different. The only problem I have is that it will start to bring the end closest to the truck off the ground when fully turned. My plan is to get a new edge and then when it gets to this point I will weld this one on the front and use up the last little bit.

4. JoeSkeeter

JoeSkeeter Junior Member
    from 40272

That's what happens to me. A a severe lh angle it lifts the blade up too much. And on flipping it do you mean lh to rt flip? Because mine has the bolts too close to the edge to flip the bottom to the top.

Thanks for the info.