1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.2VXT folding back under pressure

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mortician79, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Hey!

My 2 year old steel 8.2 VXT is sometimes folding back under moderate to heavy load (in scoop, straight or angled mode). Is this normal? I don't recall it doing it last year. Thoughts? Thanks!tymusic
  2. Did I say something wrong?
  3. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

The wings on a Boss V-plow are designed to retract if you hit an object or if the load exceeds a set limit. There is a relief valve for each wing that opens when the pressure against them exceeds 2800 PSI. These relief valves are adjustable and may just need to be turned in a little. Contact Boss Technical Support for instructions on how to do this. If this doesn't correct it, the problem might be in you return valves. If they are damaged and don't fully seat, fluid can bypass these valves. And just like the relief valves there is a return valve for each wing. But if the return valves are damaged, your only option would be to replace them. Contact Boss Tech Support for instructions on how to do this by calling 800-286-4155 ext. 2.

Hope this information helps you out!!