1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.2dxt vplow and 2015 f250

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rincon, Nov 22, 2015.

1. rincon

rincon Junior Member

hi guys

newbi here that jsut bought a new boss v plow and was wondering if anybody has one on a f250.

my truck came with the plow package but when i raise the plow the front just drops. what kind of setup can i place to try to keep it as strait as possible?

does anyone tried timbren s ''SES'' http://timbren.com/products-page/ses/FF350SDC/ ?

thanks for the info
    jay

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Just put heavier rated front springs in. I went all the way up to 9k rated ones in our 05. It still drops maybe an inch. Our new 16 f250 has 5940lb and the xls that we have on it brings the front end down about 2 inches or so. None of this will effect the truck, I just upgraded the other trucks because the other 2 plows we run are 8.6 v blades and the ends were hitting the road while driving over dips in the road.

3. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

jay make sure you have ballast behind the rear axle!

4. rincon

rincon Junior Member

do you know what kind of coils spring that comes with the plow package?

5. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Don't worry about it. My 9.5 Fisher XV2 has 200 lbs on your DXT, and it does fine. Your plow is not a problem. Add about 800 lbs back by the tail gate, go plow.

6. rincon

rincon Junior Member

I will put some weight tomorow.. Things is in V theres only about 3" clearance in the corners

7. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Tap your moldboards forward a few inches from V to get more ground clearance.

8. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

^^ agreed, I have a 9.2 dxt on my 2015 f350 and i just have to push my wings up a tap or 2. no harm in upgrading it but it's the kind of thing i would do after i've paid everything i owe and see i have some more spending money and there's nothing else more important that needs to get upgraded

9. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 9.2 v-blade on my 2015 f 250 gas , 900 lbs at tailgate , v-blade edges are 3 inches off the ground . Just bump the wings ahead as others have said . ....Thumbs Up

10. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

My guess is 5940lb. ones. If your worried about the ends scraping, like other's said just bump out the plow a bit. If your worried about leveling get heavier springs.

11. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

my front springs are 5600 lbs.

12. Ray

Ray PlowSite.com Veteran

My 2012 F250 handles my 9.2 DXT with out a problem. I did upgrade to 6K front springs only because I got a set of take off's for $30. I also kick the wings just a bit to gain more ground clearance.