1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8-2 VXT wont raise.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by RRSS, Nov 23, 2012.

1. RRSS

RRSS Junior Member

Im sure someone on here will have the answer to this. I have a 8-2 VXT and it started acting up on me last night. Plow would not raise. I got out and checked my plugs and all seemed good. Then I put it in float like you were going to take the plow off...went out and bumped the tower switch and then it started working....for about 2 min. Now it does this about every other time I set the plow down..as soon as you go and bump the tower switch a couple of times and get back in it works. ? B&B? im sure you know...

2. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

Pull your cover off, check the switch itself,the wires from it to the proper relay/solenoid etc. There should be a wiring diagram on the pump/housing sounds like the switch is bad. Also, check the 13th pin on your plowside connector-its the one all by itself. I had similiar issues and that pin gets partially broken etc.