1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' 2" vs 9'2"

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gmlcinc, Nov 20, 2009.

1. gmlcinc

gmlcinc Junior Member

What do you guys find more productive/practical, an 8 2 with wings or a 9 2? Also, can you fit a 9 2 down the road with wings? That would be 11' in the straight position, a little wide for the 9' street lanes. I don't really want to mess with taking them on and off all the time. However, I have a 7 acre lot that I've been sub'd to help plow so this truck won't be doing a lot of driving around from site to site.

I just bought a f350 that came with the 8 2, but have the option to trade for the 9 2 since the previous owner just ordered one, but wants the smaller v for his new truck. What have you guys found works best?
  2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I would take the bigger blade, if u are going to be at a large lot most of the time throw on the wings. I have pro wings on my 8.5 and they are not that bad taking them on and off. The time you save with them on is worth the two minutes to mount them in my opinion. I am going to get a new 9.5 ss xv and put the wings on that. I have larger lots so it will be worth while for me. It all depends on your contracts.
  3. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

My 9.2 is freaking awsome, my 8.2 is pretty good
  4. gmlcinc

gmlcinc Junior Member

Ya, the more I think about it, I might as well go with the bigger plow. Then I can just remove the wings if i have to. 11' of plow is sounding awesome...
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Go big or go home....lol
  6. Deco

Deco Senior Member

have both , 82 poly and 92 VXT steel . only difference is the 92 pushes more and is much more intimidating when your at a light next to a straight blade .always get that WTF is T H A T look :laughing:

7. Premier

Premier Senior Member

i would get the 9.2 and run with wings most of your city plows are 11 or 12 footers.
  8. fairrpe86

fairrpe86 Senior Member

9'2 with wings is fine, just be conscious of drifting in your lane and you will be fine, never had an issue as long as the plow is all the way in the V position.
  9. gmlcinc

gmlcinc Junior Member

Alright, I'm sold, going to trade up for the 9 2, gotta at least try and make the old diesel work. I didn't think you could v the 9 2 all the way when it's got wings on it. I figured it would hit the ground first. Thanks for all the responses.