1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.2 v or 8.2 vxt for new purchase

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by hanson1999, Aug 23, 2011.

1. hanson1999

hanson1999 Junior Member

Looking for some input on what plow to purchase. no commercial work just a few farmyards and miscellaneous private stuff. Do get some drifting on the roads.

the regular v is $200 cheaper than the vxt. $250 more can get poly vxt.

Its going on a 02 chevy 1500hd.

15 lbs weight difference shouldn't be a big deal??

I had a 8.2 rt2 v and loved the plow. Just wondering if the vxt is worth more money or if i would have any overheating issues with the taller wings?? Farthest i travel is about 5 miles on gravel roads from yard to yard.

thanks in advance
  2. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

i got my 8'2" vxt 2 years ago and during the blizzard last year I could plow right down the street in the v and it was throwing the snow all night long I LOVE it would never get any different it will make up the difference in cost the first year. JMO
  3. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Honestly if your not going to do streets or commercial accounts there is no point. I have a VXT on all of my bigger trucks(that can handle it) and we love them i plow with a 10' VXT and its nice while in subdivisions because we can shoot snow half way up yards. Which is a plus!
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

VXT so you can see the plow :nod: today's trucks have such a high hood you cannot see the shorter blades when they are angled or in the Vee.
  5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The poly is well worth the money.
  6. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Hahahha on my kodiak i have 3FT plow markers on it just for that reason... otherwise like you said i wouldnt even be able to see the plow. especially since i cut off the plow lights.