1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.2 V on 07 Dually Dump?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Diesel Sniffer, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Diesel Sniffer

Diesel Sniffer Member

I was asked if a 8-2 Boss V on a new 07 Ford F350 Dually dump would be too small. My gut tells me that it will be considering my F250 leaves a pretty good trailing mark with the back tire while turning with the 8.2. Any opinions or anyone have this set up? I'm thinking it needs to be over 9 feet for sure with a reg cab dually.
  2. Runner

Runner Senior Member

I think you're right. Generally, an 8" plow covers dual wheel tracking, but once you close it in a scoop position, you will have quite a bit less wdth. I know it's easy to say that you would be straight plowing (windrowing) the majority of the time, and using the scoop for cleanup, but with a V, there is OFTEN when you just scoop and go for it...moving more mass of snow to the other end.
  3. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

go with the 9.2. I have a 9.2 on a srw and when in the v i think its only like 7-8' same with scoop, dont be shy you have a higher gvw on the front being its a drw truck.