1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8'-2" V for a 3500 mega?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by gpshemi, Dec 13, 2010.

1. gpshemi

gpshemi Member

Newbie here so be gentle.

Short synopsis. Gramps and the parents are getting older and live across town next door to each other. I have a 300' driveway myself. Been thinking about a plow for our truck. It's a Dodge 3500 SRW Megacab for towing our toyhauler. It's a big rig obviously.

Found a RT-2 V-power on Craigslist. Looks pretty new in the pictures. Price seems right but not wickedly good. It came off a Dodge 2500 and it's complete. So should go right on. I don't know if it was gas of diesel though. Seems like a good approach so I'm tempted.

Dodge doesn't recommend a plow for this truck. In fact, as I look, I'm not sure they recommend it for any of their trucks. However, I see guys with them on CTD's. What should I make of this? Is it a frame issue? Overheating issue? Springs?