1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.2 Ploy V-Xt

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by captshawn, Nov 27, 2011.

1. captshawn

captshawn Senior Member

Just bought a new poly v-xt and the dealer told me they don't come with shoes? It did not come with a center shoe or "hoof" that I have read about either? Should it have?

2. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

Nope, the new style cutting edges make the "puck" obsolete and reduce the need for shoes

3. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

the only time you would need them is in gravel or grass that was the only time I needed them
    by the way you will love that plow got mine last year and love how much farther it throws the snow than the regular blade during the blizzard last year it helped alot

4. contractor078

contractor078 Senior Member

they really are incredible plows. when you get a little bit of speed you can make the snow FLY almost looks like a county plow doing down the road.

5. captshawn

captshawn Senior Member

Thanks guy's can't wait to try it out. After 18 years of plowing with a straight this is my first v plow. Wish it would stop raining and get on with the snow!!!

6. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

you wont go back thats for sure