1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.2 or 9.2?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by monteballz, Aug 9, 2010.

1. monteballz

monteballz Member
    from Maine

I'm pulling the trigger on a new V-XT. I've got an 07(new style) GMC Sierra 2500hd (6.0 gas). I've got about 25 accounts and 1 road that I do. I was going to go with the 8.2 but I recently picked up a private paved road. About a mile long. Is the 9.2 too much for a 3/4 ton? I'm also stuck on deciding between steel or poly. Any advice would be great. Thanks

-Mike

EDIT: JUST SAW THE THREAD DIRECTLY BELOW MINE. SORRY GUYS.

2. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

if your accounts are residential, i would suggest 8.2 with wings. should be enough clearance for the driveways and with the wings should knock some good time of doing your road.

3. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

9'2" Poly all the way ... especially for the roads ... watch that snow fly! I almost went with the 8'2" because I thought the 9'2" might be too much but I would have regretted it big time.

4. monteballz

monteballz Member
    from Maine

Got my Plow mounted yesterday. Went with the 9'2'' and also had some timbrens installed. Still kinda low when in full V but i'm sure when the sander goes in it will level out some. Cant wait to push some snow with this beast!

5. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

I don't believe you, gonna need some pics to prove it! Congrats- once you go V you will never go back payup

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  6. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

GM truck???

7. monteballz

monteballz Member
    from Maine

07 (new style) 2500 HD 6.0 Gasser

8. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

9. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

:laughng: lol

10. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Figured as much.

11. monteballz

monteballz Member
    from Maine

??????????

12. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Don't worry about Pinky Demon. He doesn't have any experience with a truck any newer than a Ford 7.3 diesel and is unaware of the progress that has been made since then.