1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.2 or 9.2 V-XT on F-250??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by CJSLAWNSERVICE, Aug 22, 2009.

CJSLAWNSERVICE Senior Member

Hi all,

I am in the market for a new plow and am wondering what everyone thinks about the difference between a 8.2 and 9.2 Boss Power V-XT . This will be used for small commercial, medium sized commercial lots, a few roads, and residential driveways. Can my truck handle a 9.2? 2003 Ford f-250 5.4L v-8 .. thanks for your help!
  2. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Go 9.2 unless you know of spots in your route where it will be too big........your truck will handle it fine.
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Go for the 9.2 it will good on the lots and roads.
  4. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Its a personal preference what you go with. I only run 8'2" Vs because we do a chain of banks and have to fit through the narrow drive through lanes. If your running a diesel you could easily run the 9'2" in most situations. good luck

CJSLAWNSERVICE Senior Member

I appreciate the quick response everyone..... it seems like the 9.2 weighs only an extra 60 pounds or so..... Go big or go home I guess! Thanks!