1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8-2 Left Wing

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by framer1901, Mar 5, 2007.

1. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Anyone by chance have a used one laying around? Straight preferably but even slightly bent as long as the hinge welds aren't broke.............

For a RT3..........

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Just out of curiousity, what happened to your left wing?

3. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

4. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

What happened to my blade? Well, it didn't happen all at once.

First bend was plowing a hotel, no contract, they called when the needed work so it wasn't staked and didn't really know the lot. The curb jogged out, I didn't know and wham - and I really wasn't going that fast - that bent the wing, and broke the lower hinge weld.

The other nite, had a major drifting problem on a county road that was closed and I had to get thru, sheriff so go ahead just make two passes thru - An area with ice build up brings ya to a top real quick - again not going fast at all just 3000 pound of salt in the bed. I think that broke the second hinge weld.

You break two welds, take it from experience, leave it at home and get it fixed cause it won't make it another nite, it didn't. Sorta scary driving home with that thing dangling on one hinge.

I've worked maybe 35 nites or a year and a half with that frirst weld broken, didn't last one nite after the second one broke.

Thanks for the ebay lead - guy says local sale only but sent him a note seeing if he'll ship, never know.