1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8' 2" Boss V Plow not sitting level

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by lawnlandscape, Nov 28, 2010.

1. lawnlandscape

lawnlandscape Senior Member

This is probably an easy fix, but I just have never run into this problem before. All of my plows are boss V's. Most are older styles.

I added one newer boss V plow this year and it came with the truck I purchased it on. One thing I always do after I get my plows on is set them down on the ground and make sure they it against the pavement all along the blade nice and tight in every possition to make sure they are going to clear snow perfectly.

Some of my Boss V's are a little raised in the middle, but as soon as I drive forward on it, they sit flat.

This new plow stays raised about 1/8" - 1/4" in the middle. Both ends are touching, but the middle is raised enough that I don't think I would get a nice and clean pass out of it. All of my other plows have snow shoes on both ends and on the middle... are the new plows no longer made with the snow shoe in the middle or is mine just missing it?

Would this be fixed by lowering the snow shoes a bit on both of the ends?

Thanks in advance for your advise!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it has shoes or a center shoe (the newer plows do not include them but the previous owner may have added it/them) check that adjustment first. If it doesn't have them then you'll need to make an adjustment on the center bumper wedge. See this thread for that procedure: Center bumper adjustment procedure

3. lawnlandscape

Thank you very much! You are a great asset to these boards!!

4. lawnlandscape

ok... I tried to do what you said today, but I can't push it up any future because its right against the metal already. How do I make more room to push it up further???

5. lawnlandscape

Where the picture shows the bolt.. that's where it was when I first looked at it. I can see where it was previously, and I think that's where it has to go, but I don't know how to get it back there. Does the bolt need to come completely out, or just be loosened?

IMG_1227.jpg

6. lawnlandscape

It seems to sit fine in scoop and angled left. But angled right and in V position, this is what it looks like in the middle. FRUSTRATING!

right (1).jpg

V.jpg

7. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

I was looking at my plow, that bolt moved all the way to the front, but it still sits pretty level

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Did you remove the tension on it of the center tower by pushing the wings down? Have to do that and sometimes also pry the bumper pad with a screwdriver to break it loose first. Should slide forward then.

While you're in there completely remove the bolt and add some thread locker to it.

9. lawnlandscape

I had my wife on one wing and my daughters on the other wing.. and it would not move at all. I also put a floor jack under the plow like a poster said he did in that other thread. It does not move.

10. lawnlandscape

Someone needs to make a you tube video of how to do this. I spent hours dicking with this today only to not be able to slide to forward because the damn plow does not move forward. I am incredibly frustrated with this wasted day!!!! I ended up putting it back how it was.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Break it loose with a large screwdriver. There's a serrated washer on the underside of the bumper pad that digs into it and the push frame when the bolt is tightened. You have to break that grip loose first.

12. lawnlandscape

Im going to try again tomorrow. Thanks.