1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8-10ss swap with 86-11 mull board ?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by KCAPXIS, Oct 31, 2013.

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

I have an 8-10 ss unit ( Kicks A**)and a 86-11lp plow from a truck that was traded in last year, my question is can i swap the mallboards ??

any input would be great !! Thanks In advance
  2. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Sorry. I can't tell you whether or not you can. Here are some things to think about. The 8611LP moldboard has 6 trip springs ... the 810 only 4. That means that the pivot beam is different as well so you would have to pull the 1" pivot bolt and swap at that point. Also the A-frame and angle cylinders were different between the two plows but I am not sure what parts were different, why, and if it would even matter on the SS plow. In the manifold, the relief valves are different pressures.

That's all I can contribute.
  3. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

I might be able to help you if I knew what the hell a mallboard was.
  4. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

The mall board is who you talk to about your plowing contract.
  5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

It's mold board. And yes they swap. You have both according to your sig........no tape measure? ;)
  6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

:laughing: hahahahaha nice