1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8-10 inches on 3/2/09

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by SKYNYRD, Mar 2, 2009.

1. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

pics aint nothing real fancy. just a chance shot of 4 of my towns truck, a shot of our 2 when we were getting breakfast and some random plowin pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

more...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

more...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

last 2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

very cool pics. we were out from around 1am till about 4pm and are heading back out in a few hours. the winds are strong and there is a lot of drifting. is that the deli next to brewster ford? its good to see some local guys on here.

6. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

we were out from 3am til about 9, took a break and were back out again for a lil bit. if we get more like they say we might we'll be back out again as well. the wind absolutely sucked! i'm so thankful i put fog lights on the gm. if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have been able to have been out in the brunt of it. the fog lights don't reflect back off the snow the way the regular lights do. it was the first outing for the intensifiers on the dodge and dad said they were well with every penny i paid for them. and yeah the town rigs were at the deli in with carbvel and we were across the street at the valero. that's why it's such a crappy pic of the rigs. i was too far away lol

7. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

its been a fun day, thats for sure. i managed to slid off a driveway and bottom the f-250 out on a frozen old pile of snow over in katonah, was able to get it out though. also backed into a tall stump at an apartment building i plow.

i go to valero often the dude that works in there maybe he might even own it is cool i always end up bs'n with him for 20 min or so lol. what do you do in the off season?

8. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

we've done a lot of sliding this year. stupid ice underneath everything :gunsfiring: lol. i work for a supermarket. starting this spring dad wants to start mowing lawns. nothing extra really just simple cut jobs. he's still gotta talk to our customers but we'll see what happens.

9. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

hey guys ,
    is all of new york getting record snowfall this year?

10. TLB

TLB Senior Member

Great photos.

11. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

i would say where i am we've had around average snowfall but that's just a guess. dunno bout anyplace else though.

thanks!

12. plowmanben

plowmanben Member
    from MI

Great pictures! Hope you guys can get a little sleep/rest, looks like you're getting hammered.

13. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

weve had a decent amount snow compared to some years, its the ice that has been the problem this season. ive sled off a few driveways this season.

14. joef450snowplow

joef450snowplow Senior Member
    from ny

i got a lot of snow in levittown on the island i got 11in

15. snocrete

snocrete Banned

In your 2nd pic.... what is in the flat bed that has a handle and wheels? Is it a giant version of a dakota snoblade?

16. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

not sure what a dakota snowblade is :confused: it's just a lil invention i been workin on getting a patent for. i use it for clearing walkways and stuff:cool:

17. snocrete

snocrete Banned

thats what i thought.....couldn't post link, but just do a search on "dakota snoblade" and you'll see.....yours looks to be able to handle deeper snow than the dakota....I like it!!! be nice to see a vid of it in action, or at least some pics!!!:cool:

18. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

nice pics and i love the truck must be nice at night with all those lights:drinkup:

19. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

thanks! i love my contraption lol. you can't go out and do a foot of snow with it but u go out every 4 inches or snow and it works wonders. it sure aint for everyone though. that's a downfall. i don't think i have any pics but i'll check.

20. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

thanks! it's def sweet looking at night, pics just don't do it justice. the whelen mini bar shines out almost a full mile on a straight away :cool: