1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8.1 chevy with no snow plow prep

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by amars415350, Jan 17, 2012.

1. amars415350

amars415350 Junior Member

Wondering what upgrades I will need, what I'm thinking so far is tibrens, dual battery and charge upgrade, but will my stock fan clutch be ok and how about my oil and tranny temps. I wasn't sure if because it was the allison it maybe had an extra tranny cooler already? I know air flow will be better with the blizzard 810 than a v blade because it can ride lower to the ground than the v's. Lemme know what you think? Thanks alot.

2. comeeonn

comeeonn Senior Member

you have it covered, cooling wasnt upgraded in gm's plow package i dont think. bigger alt, another battery, and your set.

3. amars415350

amars415350 Junior Member

I had a buddy with a 2500hd with the 6.0 that got hot with a 9.5 fisher on it and his didn't have the snow plow prep. Thats why I was concerned. Thanks for your imput!!!

4. comeeonn

comeeonn Senior Member

yeah mine gets warm if i drive a while with the plow on, you should be good. im almost positive they didnt upgrade cooling. allisons have a big cooler to begin with