1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

8’ Poly Pro Unimount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by CTJ, Mar 24, 2008.

1. CTJ

CTJ Junior Member

8’ Poly Pro Unimount
    I looked at a used PolyPro Unimount today. The guy wants $1400 for it. He bought it new in 2002 and has never plowed with it. Right after he got it someone gave him a bobcat and that’s what he uses for his driveway. The plows been sitting outside for 6 years. It’s all faded and rusted. It was on a 2001 dodge. He’s taken to mount and wire harness off and sold the truck. I’m guessing for me to put this on my 2001 F-250 it will cost me another $1000.00 for mount, harness, and someone to install it. Is $2400 for this plow an OK deal. I’m kind of worried about what condition the pump,cylinders are in after sitting for 6 years.

Can this plow be converted to a Ultra mount?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I wouldn't call it a good deal. Especially if it ends up needing a substantial amount of parts replacement or repair due to the storage conditions. Also, can't convert the Uni to an Ultra.

For $2400 you could find an Ultramount ready to go.