1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

79 f150's 4.9L carb

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Milwaukee, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

I need help find motorcraft 2100 or 2150 for my truck.

I have carter on that it piece of junk it not run good in winter plus use much gas. That why I am look for motorcraft 2100 or 2150 it have 2 barrel which help start plus get good mpg than 1 barrel.

If you have that if you want sell or do with that?

And where I will find apater for motorcraf's carb to fit manifold?

Thank

2. Milwaukee

bump

Just need help with that.

3. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

I had a jeep that I put a 2100 on. I got a rebuilt unit from autozone for like $120?? That is the best carb for those older engines!! I loved it. Just to help you find one there, just ask for a 1973 jeep wagoneer w/360wesport. This will be the highest cfm carb for the 2100 series. I am not sure as to what the carter mount looks like, but if it is a 2 barrel, the 2100 should bolt right on. Show me a pic of the carter and I will see if I can help. I actually have a 2100 in my garage, but I don't know its cfm rating or condition. My buddy gave it to me and said it worked fine???
    Let me know if you need any more help. I know what you going through:gunsfiring:, I went through the same thing with my jeep!:waving:

4. Milwaukee

that why I want do that since carter 1 barrel not good it leak plus messy idle stuff which would run at 500 rpm but want stay 750 but it would never stay what i want plus I am tired of climb on my f150 with engine run I know but it too high for me reach there. I am 6'4 but can't reach carb's idle screw and high idle screw.

I am try find 1 barrel convert to 2 barrels adapter.

And I am check this website for adapter so can you help me which is correct? http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=700+4294925239+115+4294848589

here pictures
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

It is hard to see, but is your carter a 2 bolt flange or 4.
    If this is a 2, I think something like this one will work. Do not hold me to this! Summit should be able to confirm this. I am not sure if this is a adaptor to go from 2 barrel to 1 or the opposite?:confused:

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...925239+4294848589+4294865099+115&autoview=sku

Just have someone call them for you or email (which would be a slow response) and tell them what you are trying to do. They will help you greatly!

6. Milwaukee

Yes I went look at it and see 2 bolts. I am e-mail this to my friend since he told me motorcraft 2100 is better.

But have erg system bottom of carb but owner put plate on it so it not work anymore but someone say remove that will make engine run awful not work great like ping or hot or diesel

7. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Your carter is the biggest piece of crap. This carb will give you many problems. The 2100 are tried and true. They are very smooth in operation. I hope all this info helped you out?:salute:

8. Milwaukee

That why I am sick of tweak this plus everytime I climb in that area I feel like want rip that carb out but need to have that to get engine run so I can drive now.

What carb I should be look at?

Yesterday I went to junkyard they have LTD or croward Victoria have carb but when I look and see many electrics wires to that make me think it maybe wrong carb for my truck.

Now we are replace water pump since old one seem not work right like it not moving antifreeze.

9. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Look at my first post to get the right carb.

10. Milwaukee

Already found free carb from boss. i am surprise he is nice. It really dirty but it free but at junkyard it so dirty but they want 20 dollars.

It have electric choke with string to that choke's thingy. but how we can convert to manual choke?

is manual choke best than electric choke?

Do I need change jet on that to get run better for 4.9L? It came from F150 ranger with 352 that what my boss told me it is 352 engine.

I am ask my friend if he have equipment to clean carb since this one is so dirty it have white surface on it but for free I can't complain.