1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

79 f150 shorty with plow for sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by dave_dj1, Dec 29, 2010.

1. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

1979 F150 short box stepside, 4 wheel drive, Meyer 7' electric over hydraulic all angle plow. Plow has only been on truck for 1 storm (my driveway). It's not a quick mount but I did build it so the upper frame can be taken off in the spring.
    351M, C6 automatic, ps, pb, aluminum intake with Holley 4bbl, new water pump, timing gaskets, oil pan gasket, 135 amp single wire alternator upgrade and new heater core. I just installed new upper and lower balljoints, axle joints and new Warn locking hubs on the front axle. Has dual exhaust, 33" x 12.5" x 15" tires (ok tread) with aluminum turbo wheels. Rollbar with 4 new 7" chrome offroad lights , two rubber mounted backup lights, three amber and two red lights that flash. All the wiring is done right with relays for offroad lights, custom switch panel in place of the ashtray.
    Fresh oil/filter, transfer case fluid, trans fluid and greased. E-brake works GREAT! Brake pads and shoes are all good.
    I built this to be a reliable plow truck but unexpectedly got a smokin' deal on an 8' plow for my 2010 Dodge so I no longer need this one.
    Feel free to ask any questions. the odometer only shows 61,800 miles (I have no idea how accurate that number is)
    Only calls accepted, I don't check here often enough to be up to date.
    thanks,
    dave
    $3750.00 OBO
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. supercuts

supercuts Senior Member

mmmm, i want it, too bad my wife would kill me. i swore off fords too, but i love those old ones....

3. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

MMMMMMM! I really wish I had the funds for that right now, I love those old Fords! Out of all the vehicles I've owned, my '79 Bronco is on the short list of what I regret selling. Best of luck with the sale.