1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

79 cj7

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by peconicwaters, Feb 1, 2009.

1. peconicwaters

peconicwaters Junior Member
    from L.I N.Y

I don't know much about jeeps but i recently found one that may be a good project. It is very rusty and needs a new tub,gas tank,and the back of the frame is pretty rusty.And that is some of the obvious stuff.It runs really good and seems to drive decent.It also comes with a meyer 7' plow that needs work.He wants $600 and is firm on the price.All the work I can do myself just not sure what it is worth.

2. redoak

redoak Junior Member

Cj 7

I plowed with an '85 CJ Western 7' plow for 6 or 7 years and the breakdowns were continuous and frustrating. The carbureted 258 engine was a crap shoot to start in cold weather and stalled constantly. The plow pump would freeze up on a regular basis. Last year I got rid of the whole outfit and bought a '97 TJ and a new Hiiniker poly 7' plow. its the best thing I ever did.

3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Dont bother with it, if the frame is rusted in the back the rest of it aint far behind.

4. cj5fun

cj5fun Junior Member

cj5fun

If the jeep has a good hard top and doors, and enough other good parts it would be worth draggin home. It may make a good parts jeep. But as for as a project I agree with the Plowmeister its too far gone.

5. peconicwaters

peconicwaters Junior Member
    from L.I N.Y

Thanks guys,I was thinking the same thing.I guess I will keep looking