1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

79 Chrvy truck heat trouble

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jrm123180, Dec 8, 2007.

1. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

Hi,

So I would out plowing the storm last weekend and noticed that it was colder in my truck than i remember it being last winter. I felt the defroster and it was blowing out hot air, so I switched it to the floor and that too was blowing out hot air.

Could the fan motor be begining to die and not blowing powerful enough? COuld I have a thermoustate thats not letting the engine get hot enought (although all the snow on the hood melts off) Could it be that one of the cab corners is allowing a draft into the truck?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Steve

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

brrrrrrrrrrrr

check your door and window gasket's just replaced them on my s-10 felt like a 40 knot Gail; was blowing through ,the window's don't fog over with moisture .plug up ant rust holes you would be surprised how much of a difference it make's .