1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

79 Chevy Standard mount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Beater_K20, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Beater_K20

Beater_K20 Member

someone told me that the standard mount brackets for any straight axle chevy up to 91 will work on a 73-80 truck. is there any truth to this?
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The mount from any solid axle truck will fit but the 3 bolt holes in the frame horns behind the bumper are a little different between the 73-80 and the 81-up, so you may need to re drill the holes in the mount but it's not that bad to do.
  3. Beater_K20

Beater_K20 Member

i've got a drill and a good set of drill bits, so i'll be good to go there. :D i think im just going to buy another frame, rather than pull the one off of my '77 for the '79 that im going to buy. its got some hoky welds on it, plus i wont have to completely tear the truck apart. i'll just pull the power pack and wiring and use it. thanks for the help!:drinkup: