1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

79 Chevy mount

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by scottee01, Sep 7, 2009.

1. scottee01

scottee01 Junior Member

I am trying to install a conventional mount meyers on my 79 K20, anybody know where I can find a site with a manual or digram, I am not sure where the mounts mount to the frame, I think it goes near the steering box on d.s. and in front of the crossover on the p.s. but do they go to the outside of frame or inside.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The kicker braces go outboard on the frame rails. One right behind the steering box and the second just a bit in front of the passenger side axle bump stop. Pretty self explanatory from there.
  3. scottee01

scottee01 Junior Member

Thanks, didn't want to start drilling in frame when I was not sure if that was the spot. Scott
  4. D.todd6

D.todd6 Member

5. scottee01

scottee01 Junior Member

Thanks a whole bunch, I have been trying all weekend to find these instructions. Now tomorrow I can put this thing on my truck, Scott