1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

79 Chevy K10

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by butler L&S, Jan 13, 2004.

1. butler L&S

butler L&S Member

I looked at a 79 Chevy K10 short box 350 with a 7.5 Western plow (older style). The truck is a 4x4 in decent shape. The tires are 90% but have slight dry rot. It was used to plow the owners 300 ft driveway. The previous owner bought the truck in 1989 and put only 6000 miles on it in 14 yrs. What would a truck like this be worth? Should I be concerned that it was only driven an average of 430 miles a year for 14 yrs?
    Any input would be appreciated

2. KJ8385

KJ8385 Junior Member

NO if it runs good but it may have a lot of under rust. check it out give it a tune up change all the fulids and drive it.

3. KJ8385

KJ8385 Junior Member

PS i would not pay over $2000 for it. but get a garage to check it first.

4. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

For what this is worth..... We purchased a 78' F250 w/ 7.5 northman plow ( everything works ) for $750.00 Like new tires, solid cab, rusty bed,, drives just fine. Had to fix 2 leakes in the plow hoses and gave it a $50 Rust-O-leum paint job.

5. butler L&S

butler L&S Member

They are asking $1200 (firm) for the truck. The body is in good shape but the underside is pretty rusty. It seems to run strong and shift smooth. I'm concerned about the amount of sitting it did.

6. KJ8385

KJ8385 Junior Member

For 1200 it sounds good but you may have to do some minor repairs. Siting is ok you just have to change oil ect. and check lines and hoses for rot.

7. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

for 1200 i would jump on it. i think its a great truck for 1200