1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

79 Bronco with 6' 6" Boss V Plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by moserjj, Nov 1, 2010.

1. moserjj

moserjj Junior Member

Currently listed on CL for $2650 (pics available at CL link)

Ad text:

79 Bronco XLT Ranger 4x4 with 351M V8 and C6 auto transmission. Runs, shifts and drives fine, 4x4 works. Brand new front coil springs, tie rod ends, front shocks (2 per side), drag link, wiper blades. The plow is an older Boss 6' 6" V-plow that was recently reconditioned with new paint and freshly rebuilt lift cylinder. Pump is under the hood and works good. Truck is ready to plow. Asking $2650 or best offer. Also have a brand new (unmounted) set of Buyers pro-wings available for an extra $200 (not installed) or $300 (installed). Was going to use this to plow my driveway but acquired another plow for free for my other truck. Don't need 2 snow plow vehicles. Not interested in any trades or separating plow from vehicle.

Vehicle located in Chippewa Falls, WI which is about 75 miles East of Minneapolis. Email me at moserjj@gmail.com or PM me here for more info
  2. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

A 6'6" V-plow? Did they make that? Or maybe its a 7'6"?
  3. moserjj

moserjj Junior Member

yep it's an older 6' 6" boss v plow. Rather rare but that's definitely what it is
  4. Pushin 2 Please

Didn't know they made that. Thanks!
  5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I think a 6.6' Boss V would be awesome on a Ranger/Bronco II or an S10. Throw a backblade on it and start knocking out driveways and small lots.
  6. Bartlett_2

Bartlett_2 Senior Member

How many miles? I've been wanting a 78-79 Bronco for some time, and having the v-plow it'd be a great back-up truck for me.
  7. moserjj

moserjj Junior Member

The odometer reads 65,XXX but could't tell you if thats actually 65K (probably not) or 165K (probably). Mechanically sound, has its fair share of rust. Plow is real nice. Also just upgraded the stock alternator to a 3G alternator for 130amp output. Stock alt is only 65 amp or so
  8. Pushin 2 Please

Mark I agree that blade would be great on a Bronco II or a S10. There selling it on a full size Bronco. IMO, thats to small for that truck.
  9. moserjj

moserjj Junior Member

It's a little narrow when angled but nothing a set of prowings can't fix. That's why I got them but just haven't installed them yet. Covers the wheelbase when straight
  10. z_scapes

z_scapes Junior Member