1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

$79.00 driveway plowing per month

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SnowMatt13, Oct 3, 2009.

1. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Just saw a sign this morning...

$79.00 per month for driveways (no size limits posted)
    Only requirement is that you sign a seasonal contract Nov-March
    Either this guy knows it's not going to snow this year or is hanging himself out there....

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

So he is charging $400 per drive for the season?

Seems pretty comparable to most resi's I have read about here.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds fair to me. I don't have any resi's on contract. Don't know of anyone doing that in this area.

4. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

How many events do you normally get there? If he only plows 10 times he's sitting pretty.

I don't think he's hanging himself. Looks like anything in April would be an extra charge.

5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

When i first read that i was thinking "how can he do that". But yeah, after putting the numbers together that would be an average of 8-10 storms for the season. That price would actually make sense for my area.

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

8-10 storms for $400 is very good money.

7. snowbizplowing

snowbizplowing Member

Sounds like a good way to get res seasonal contracts??

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

It's all about the presentation .Sell the sizzle ,not grizzle !

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sounds good! Now add "billed monthly to your credit card" and have 5 mailings to inculde marketing materials with your billing receipts for year around service, 5 months to profile your service quality and levels. Use the CC to guaranty a steady income of 2K @month(10K a season) if you could get 25 drives, better then $4,700 @month (23,700 @ season) if you had 60. Sounds like a good marketing plan to me.

Be interesting to see his contract and price structure, what is inculded and what options are available. If he adds sidewalks and salt as extras, there even more money to be made

10. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Off the top of my head I would say that area is receiving 18-22 "events" that would require plowing.

Just my educated guess though :)

11. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Hey atleast its not $79 per season!

I just saw an ad in a local mag I advertise in saying $300 per season which isn't terrible compared to what some of you say I suppose. Last year we got 18 plowable events though so that would put him at $16.66 per plow :dizzy:

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Milwaukee is the closest major there is easy data available for and they get an average of 47 inches. That's an average of $8.40 a inch.

13. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

im glad i dont do houses

14. APLC

APLC Senior Member

yep sounds good to me. seen a lose flier on the ground the other day in the best neighborhood in town where I mow at and it was from one of the largest company's in town and they are only charging $300.00 a season for plowing no sidewalks no salt.

15. DP Property

DP Property Senior Member

60 dollars per driveway each time no mercy good service is worth it.

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The monthly thing is cool. All the golf courses are doing it for their memberships. it physiologically creates a false decrease in cost. You don't need to cough up $350 one shot.

17. grandview

Just like a credit card!:gunsfiring:

18. DP Property

DP Property Senior Member

These are decent size drives on my way home when im done all my contracts. If there is a few more inches on my way home I will hit them again for free. My residential drives are last though after my big contracts and I only keep customers who are happy with this. However I do have some heart surgeons and if they say jump I have to get out of here. They take top priority and the bill is whatever it is.

19. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

I guess it wasn't the price that really got me, but the first type of sale like that in our area.
    Usually it's XXX per push or XXX per season.
    I've not really seen it broken down like that.
    I would like to call and see what the defintion of "season" is....if it actually turns out to be the same as the ad....
    November-March or December-March when we actually get snow.....

20. grandview

April 1st to Oct 31st unlimited plowing!