1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

'78 W300 4x4

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by vector6, Nov 7, 2003.

1. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

Im looking for new cab mounts and having trouble finding them for a "W300" series.

the mounts under the core support are completly missing.. and i would like to replace all of them with a poly set.

the bed is a steel flatbed.

anyone know if the "D'' series and "W" series of Dodge trucks used the same cab mounts..?

the truck is a 1978 W300 reg cab 4x4 duel rear wheel .

Wyldman, i know you know where i can find these...:help:
  2. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

any ideas at all..? .. :confused:

anyone know if the "D'' series and "W" series of Dodge trucks used the same cab mounts..?

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

how about 4wd magazine

maybe a company that sell lift kits

or hemmings the sell everything for old cars and truck

can be bought at a book store

4. THREE W

THREE W Senior Member

I have a 1976 D300, I thought the only difference between a
    D, and a W was that a D was 4x4!!

I can look at my "D" and maybe we can compare.....
  5. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

I can find listings for a "D" ... just not a "W"

this truck is solid front end 4x4 duel rear wheel .
    I just need the 2 front core support bushings..
    (right now the front is suspended in mid air.. as the core support bushings are completly gone)

weird thing is the plow set-up is a western/meyer hybrid..

western pump/cable setup with a meyer 7' blade/a-frame...
    but what the hell it works..

thanks for the help,
  6. 440trk

440trk Senior Member

Both the "D" and the "W" series use the same cab mounting.
    Should be pretty easy to come by. There are several places that carry them.

Check with:

Summit Racing (they may not be in the catalog, but check their website, and the manufacturers that Summit handles...they can get anything from any manufacturer)

ESPO at www.springsnthings.com (if that link doesn't work, let me know and I will get you the right one)

Just Suspensions

To the best of my knowledge, the only difference in the front rad support mounts, depends on the factory mounting location. Some trucks mounted in the "outer" position...just outside of the radiator, and other trucks mounted in the "inner" position, IN FRONT of the radiator...they attach to front cross member, instead of the frame rail. Either style will work fine in their respective location. The "inner" style ones are thinner than the "outer" style ones.

Mike (440trk)
  7. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

Try here, ramchargercentral If they can't tell you for sure, no one can! lol I am thinking they are the same from 2wd to 4wd, but you never know. FWIW I have been missing them on my ramcharger since I got it about 3 years ago.
  8. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

thats a dually try the 400 that was a crazy year.see heres what happened 78 had a light duty 300 and a heavier truck 400 but what happened was the parst were sometimes interchangeable depending on what time of the year (78)the truck was builtthey were using 79 parts the dually was a heavier truck but they made a camper that was single wheel but took the same parts as tha dually.same tranny.samegears,sameleafsprings.so look into that.the only reason i know this is my dad had a 78 pick up so we thought but he couldnt find the parts so he had somebody look it up and he actually had the camper truck with no camper.so it was now a 2.5ton pickup truck.it took the same parts as the duallyjust didnt have dual tires.so try it under the 400 instead of the 300
    good luck

ps im gonna double check this with my dad so hang tight
  9. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

i almost had it right there is no 400 but there is two different series trucks one was the w which is 4 wheel drive the other is a d which is 2 wheel drive however there was a heavier duty truck to ordeR those parts would have to ask for them by theIR PArt name then say hd.so now that i messed you all up i apologize.so try to find it under the d series same truck just 2 wheel drive