1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

78 to 94

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by LD4850, Oct 9, 2005.

1. LD4850

LD4850 Member

I finally bought a truck to replace my 1978 F250 plow truck. (Gonna miss the ol' girl) *NEW* truck is a 1994 F150. Plow is older then old truck, cable cont. Can the mounting hardware be adapted to the new truck & if so.... how much fabrication is it going to take? Can I still buy mounts for this plow?

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

I'm going to guess since its a 78 and cable controlled its a old western conventional mount! Those mounts are no longer in production so you wont find a new one. There are still some used ones floating around so your best bet might be to list in the wanted section or check ebay, otherwise you can fab it to fight the new truck with some work. How long or what its going to take depends on how you make it fit the truck so that its still safe.

3. LD4850

LD4850 Member

Thanks Crash even though it's not what I wanted to hear. Do you know when they quit making the conventional mounts ?

4. Crash935

They quit sometime around the late 80's, early 90's. You can still get parts for the blade since they pretty much interchange with the uni-mount blades.

One thing to remember with the mount is if your truck frame has the accordian frame ends you will want to be behind them when you hang the mount.

5. Crash935

LD, go check out westerns site and look under publications, snowplows, conventional then parts and installations, they have parts breakdown and installation instructions there for the old mounts so it will give you an idea what you will need to doand where you should be bolting things on the truck.

6. LD4850

LD4850 Member

Many thanks again Crash for letting me know where to find that info.
    It will be VERY helpfull.