1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

78 suburban parts

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 73 chevy, Jul 11, 2003.

1. 73 chevy

73 chevy Junior Member

hey friends i got a 78 suburban in a trade and was hoping the doors and front clip would fit on my 75 truck. if anyone know would be great. also i was told the 14 bolt rear end is worth money. if so how much thanks to all.

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Can't help you on exact price for the rear,but it should be worth something,especially if it's got a low gear ratio,or a posi.

The front clip,and doors will interchange just fine.

3. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

I have a new upper and lower latch assemblies for the barn doors if you need them I also have a new radiator with a new clutch for the fan......... I had a big block 78 3/4 ton burban. I also have plastic inner rear wheel wells . And I have a complete set or NICELY made rear fiberglass fenders if you want to make it a dually suburban .

4. 73 chevy

73 chevy Junior Member

78 suburban

hey there im not sure about the gear ratio but the emblem on back says the beast will tow 10,000 i traded a snow blower for this non running burb. it had perfect tires and a good 400trans
    so i figured i would fix up my 75 c20 a little bit more.i already put the seat and dash and door panels on looks alot better. now about those doors yesterday i took the drivers door off the burb and took my truck door off and bolted on and no good is it just the hinges need swapped? there was a big gap up front. if i didnt mention the 75 was a truck sorry my fault. could that be the problem. thanks